The Olivier Awards are set to air on Sunday, April 8, 2018. Those outside of the UK can tune in on the Facebook page of the Olivier Awards or through the radio coverage on Sirius XM. The ceremony will be returning to the Royal Albert Hall, where it will be hosted by Catherine Tate.
Highlights of the evening will include a number of performances from Olivier-nominated works. In celebration of West Side Story’s 60th anniversary since it premiered in London, Chita Rivera will perform “Somewhere” with Andy Karl, Adam J. Bernard, and the Arts Educational Schools London Choir.
In honor of the 50th anniversary of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice’s “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat,” there will be a performance featuring past stars Jason Donovan, Linzi Hateley, Lee Mead, Joe McElderry, and Danielle Hope.
A full list of nominees can be found at the Olivier Award’s website.
For Outstanding Achievement in Opera
- Paul Brown: for his set and costume designs in “Iolanthe” at the London Coliseum
- Joyce DiDonato and Daniela Barcellona: for their performances in “Semiramide” at the Royal Opera House
- Roderick Williams: for his performance in “The Return of Ulysses” at The Roundhouse.
For Best New Opera Production
- La Boheme: Trafalgar Studios 2
- The Exterminating Angel: Royal Opera House
- Semiramide: Royal Opera House